what’s for dinner?
I’m having an aversion to greens (not as bad as the first trimester, but still there) which is weird for me, as I used to crave greens on a regular basis. The darker and more bitter the better. With the load of kale, bok choy, baby bok choy and collards we got this week, this one’s gonna be a toughy. I’m gonna rely on Dave’s Asian cooking foo and the power of potatoes.
- Sunday – Dave is so excited to be making Beef Chow Fun. We went to World Foods and got all the extras we didn’t have on hand already.
- Monday – Lettuce salad with roasted beets, smoked salmon, and goat cheese
- Tuesday – Dave’s almost as excited about a stir-fry (baby bok choy, chicken, carrot) and noodle cake.
- Wednesday – Kale and potato hash with a poached egg
- Thursday – Sesame tuna, sauteed garlic and baby bok choy, sauteed shredded carrot and parsnip
- Friday – Mushroom ravioli over beet greens with a walnut cream sauce
- Saturday – Collard, sausage and potato soup
And because I can’t bear to make another carrot soup…. Carrot Cake!